Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nightfloat as Seniors...

Amy, loved the comment about the newbies learning to drag their feet to codes like us...it took me a long time to fine tune my feet dragging techniques :o) I think we need to call a stat intern gripe meeting with the powers that be (maybe ask if we can meet for 20 minutes at next block end) and let them know that they can trust us, and to not start making rules and tight hours that we have to follow. We are all responsible adults and don't need curfews. I have confidence we'll all do the right thing and stay till things are done when we're seniors. We need to let them know that we don't appreciate the thought of being forced to stay because it implies we won't be there otherwise if needed. And the whole C/S thing is crap...we all know they page us literally as they're wheeling the patient back. Let's get ahold of Dr. O and get a meeting set up.
What we truly need is an in-house OB at all hours. The only time there is a crisis is when some OB patient tanks...and let me just say, when you're delivering a breech baby, calling your second year or attending who both have never seen one of those deliveries is not going to help you one bit.

Nicella

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm all for a sit down chat with the powers that be. I think the real issue for our class has been when our seniors leave us with a bunch of loose ends. When the crap hits the fan it makes it difficult to catch up. I don't think we would do that as seniors. Not to say our upperclassmen have been horrible. Just is lame playing catch up when you have an eerie feeling AL is coming in in DKA and your meth OB drop in stops by.

Kat Shore said...

So whats the deal with CSs? I hadn't heard that rumor yet. I don't know about you guys, but I think CS are the cakest part of the night, I mean really you get out of anything else because you are "in the OR!" And you just stand there suctioning, maybe clamp a cord, a little friendly or not so friendly chatting with the OB...Definitely a stupid idea to have seniors come in, its true that they are always last minute, I mean who schedules a CS at midnight...duh.