Call
Anyone else tired of being on call? No specific stories. Just tired of carrying 4 pagers around like gadget boy. How long do we have left?
Jeremy
Anyone else tired of being on call? No specific stories. Just tired of carrying 4 pagers around like gadget boy. How long do we have left?
Jeremy
7 comments:
Don't mean to intrude on the holy space of the Baptist blog, but I thought I was the only one who had to carry around four stupid pagers when I was on call. I just finished a sweet Friday/Sunday call for medicine and I can say I'm so bloody tired of call. It sucks. I'm ready for intern year to be done.
-Adam
Good to hear from you Adam. How is it you guys have 4 pagers to carry around. One of them a blasted OB pager?
We have the medicine pager, the peds pager, my pager, and the code pager.
What four do you have?
Just hope Dr A doesn't have his way (hey that rhymes)or we'll be staying overnight next year! GASP!!
He feels many Srs are just splitting and not helping the intern. DUH get the freak out as soon as possible!! Our interns will need to learn how to drag their feet to a code just the way we have! :)
Adam we have the OB pager, the intern pager, the third year pager for things like Ed admissions and Mommy call and our own pager. When a code is called all of the pagers go off. Calls to a code are the worst because it is us and the ED doc (who drags his feet more than we do).
Amy what is the scoop on us having to stay? Not great. I don't think any of us would leave until the work was done. Maybe there is a little bit of unease about the new group. Not thrilled about the discussion about us coming in for overnight sections. Would be over and done with by the time we got there. Usually when we get a call to assist baby is out in less than 10 minutes.
Amy, loved the comment about the newbies learning to drag their feet to codes like us...it took me a long time to fine tune my feet dragging techniques :o) I think we need to call a stat intern gripe meeting with the powers that be (maybe ask if we can meet for 20 minutes at next block end) and let them know that they can trust us, and to not start making rules and tight hours that we have to follow. We are all responsible adults and don't need curfews. I have confidence we'll all do the right thing and stay till things are done when we're seniors. We need to let them know that we don't appreciate the thought of being forced to stay because it implies we won't be there otherwise if needed. And the whole C/S thing is crap...we all know they page us literally as they're wheeling the patient back. Let's get ahold of Dr. O and get a meeting set up.
Nicella
Post a Comment