Just Ain't Right!
Let's all make a pact with each other now that when we are seniors, we will TAKE CARE of our interns and build them up and be there for them and not make them feel stupid or useless. A certain few of our own have not been nice lately, and it seriously ticks me off! I cannot STAND when people turn all high and mighty and lord their knowledge over other people just because they have a couple of years under their belts. I honestly can't see any of us getting like that, and I really think we're going to be the coolest seniors ever! I can promise you all one thing- when I have to stay all night with my new interns, I will NOT make them carry all 5 pagers while I sleep or lounge on the couch (SERIOUS pet peeve- I hate it when people say it's so they "don't take away from my learning experience").
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, let's go out there and work our hardest to become the best docs we can be, all the while treating others with respect!
You all rock and I'm SO blessed to be in the same class as you! I couldn't have asked for better people to work with or to call my friends!
2 comments:
Hey Nicole, I have to say I have had some disappointments of mine own regarding some upperclassmen. But I guess it is all just part of it. I like your spirit of recommiting to making it different when we are driving the ship. I have a med student with me this month, and its interesting to try my hand at being a little more knowledgeable...and see if I can teach him something. Not always easy. But the respect part should come naturally, and I think the 7 of us have that part down.
Carry on.
Well said Nicole and Kat. It's not hard to be respectful but unfortunately it can be a hard to come by commodity. There are a lot of good things going on but it is good that we are recognizing now what can be better.
Post a Comment