Hey Duck!
It was great to see everyone at block end! Sorry I missed most of it!
So I am finishing up WARDS with our fearless leader, and thought I would share my experience!
It was a very busy month...First Capt'n Red Beard was awesome! He was very helpful and supportive, and even covered for my mistakes. There were some big ones!
I am not a black cloud, I have a hurricane force winds---- especially at night. I gave D the worst medicine and OB nights of his career.
First I conjured up a very unstable guy that we couldn't figure out what the heck was goin on-- tachy, abd pain , sweating, crashing b/p....Uh...call surgery....No Dr Surgeon no hernias...yes, I did a complete abd exam, complete history ect....send him to CT. Okay now what! D says we better put a central line. Crap. Let's just say things went down hill from there and we had to call in the ER doc to put in a femoral. RN whips back the covers and low and behold there is a bulging inguinal hernia....ooops! I didn't check down below, but neither did the ED. So, of course didn't make the surgeon very happy and definitely didn't look like a rockstar. Pt ended up okay after a few days. D stuck up for me after the glaring omission in my PE and for that I am grateful. *** moral of the story look at every guys testicles!!!
Later, I got tons of calls from OB and never slept much, but sing along now..."the weather started getting rough and the tiny ship was tossed, if not for the fearless crew the Minnow would be lost..." 
We had a 21 week abruption didn't know she was PG- stat C section.
38wk version with Dr P at 2am.
Vacuum delivery with nasty repair.
24wk SROM/ AFI zero/ complete....didn't know she was PG. See a pattern? I got to see the helicopter fly away. That was nice- get her the freak out of here!
That was just in between stand by's!! Poor D.
The day time was better- even with the honorable gentleman attending (you will feel like running around and screaming with a shot gun after two hour check out "wit dat one-you do"!!) I think the only way I survived was realizing that he calls D. "DUCK" and I laughed inside every time!! Wait till you learn how to smell STD's off the kotex pad...joke that followed...."well it doesn't taste like chlamydia."
D quote of the month:
"When you get all the work done, you won't have anything to do."Hang in there, yeah whatever .....
I'm ready for vacation!!!

1 comment:
I can't wait for the day when "I don't have anything to do"!! And seriously, how can you NOT know you're pregnant?!??! I can't believe how often that happens! Geesh!
Sounds like it was an exciting/tiring/slightly stressful :o) month! Congrats on getting it out of the way, though. You better believe that all of the seniors are praying to be on call with you now! :o)
Strong work!
P.S. Dr. O says you do the best impression of our vietnamese dicator friend. I'm going to need to hear your best rendition of him next time I see you! :o)
Post a Comment