Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

You're Awesome???



So, here we are at the corporate orientation (by the way I don't feel more oriental so I don't think it worked, what about you guys?) and it was the most boring orientation I have ever been to. Worst of all at the begining of the day the lady randomly handed out these "you are awesome" cards and made us believe that they were of some value. Throughout the day we collected more cards for participating in activities and we were speculating what we would get for our cards....candy, a t-shirt, treasure...etc. So the long anticipated end of the day comes and she says "And now I will reveal what your awesome cards are for." At this point compared with the rest of the day I am so excited I nearly crapped my pants......"They are your personal thankyou cards, you can give them to anyone who gives you a wow experience". WHAT!!?!?!? That blows, do you think you can give me some "You blow" cards too cause you just earned one. She pulled the rug out from under me, treated me like a kindergartener. Left a reward dangling out there all day to pull some of that warm and fuzzy crap. As I left for the day I gave her one of my coveted awesome cards and said as sarcastically as I could muster, "Wow, great job!". Ebidta....what the %@#$ is that?

4 comments:

Brent said...

Wow, wait a minute Rebert...this is a family-friendly site.

Nicole said...

so much anger and rage...I bet you're pretty tachycardic right now and your BP is through the roof...better take some robertolol stat!

Amy said...

Rob, did you and I attend the same orientation? The speaker was fun and engaging, and I learned so much about the wonderful Vangard Healthcare system. I plan to keep MY Awesome card close at hand for those days ahead when I am feeling incompetent and just need a little reassurance. I suggest you take some of the tips given to us, and try not to manage down our employers attempts to nurture positive interactions between our co-workers and customers. You will be a more loving and caring person in the long run. Now, where is that bottle of Valium, all this negativity has interfered with my crainio-sacaral rhythm.

Nicole said...

hehehe...I love you guys...you're so hilarious!