Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hilarious Hernias...


Here's the infamous Bingham e-mail that was sent out to everyone the other day and everyone's responses. This is classic and has to go down in history on our blog! Hope the surgery goes well, buddy!


Kat,

You asked us to share our weight loss victories and
struggles with each other. From the files of "too much information" I give
you one of each. First the victory. I officially started a week ago
today in my Getting in better shape challenge. Officially weighed
in this afternoon after one week and lost two pounds. Mostly that is
just not being at Maricopa to eat my daily cake donut with white
frosting. I have made more of an attempt to limit portion size and avoid
empty calories. Also trying to do a little exercise, which leads me to my
"struggle" (and the TMI).

Today while doing my morning Perfect
Pushups (round bases with handles that swivel, navy seals use them so I don't
want to hear any guff Rob) I felt a sharp twinge in the lower
abdomen. After work as I started to do another set the twinge
became a definite pain. Dismayed to report I am now the proud parent of a
large right inguinal hernia (not our nickname for Caden, I wish). If it
looks like I need surgery this might be my one and only time in the OR without
giving Matlin a reason to gripe at me. That alone might make it worth
having it done at Baptist.

Any interns on with him this month? 2FC?

Keep exercising everybody;)

Jeremy


My Reply:



Geesh! But seriously...I'm naming it Columbo...I think you become
the proud parent of this hernia because of your advanced paternal age. This is
somehow making it into the skit. And you better have it done at Baptist so
we can all swing by your room and make fun of you...I mean console you...even
more! Sorry Beremy!


Nicella
P.S. But weight loss due to surgery counts! GO GREEN TEAM!!

Jon's Reply:



In the voice of Kevin Malone, "Are you kidding me?" Hernia
this early on in the game? Dang...that is really too bad...guess those
Perfect Pushups weren't so perfect after all. Well, that's really too
bad..on the brighter side of things, Purna and I will do the surgery for you
in FMC room #19 for 75 bucks.


2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I developed/diagnosed hernia Monday. Called Matlin Tues at lunch and met him 45sec later on the sixth floor, where sans gloves he diagnosed bilateral inguinal hernia. Wed placed on the schedule for this Monday. It's good to have connections in a hospital.

B&N said...

Is he going to be doing the actual surgery without gloves? He is kinda a cowboy like Plimpton...hehehe