Someone shared with me too...
I don't even know who shared with me, but I am sick as a dog today. You know that chills, sweating and then chills again, skin hurts just having my clothing brush against me kind of thing.
I worked all day yesterday doing admits, then was like done...I went to bed at 7:30 and sweated and chilled all night. Sucks. I took the day off today, and truthfully cannot see how i could possibly feel well enough to work tomorrow. I feel so guilty about making Tim do all my work, but then on the other hand, screw it, its my body, and I refuse to abuse it anymore!! I mean really people!
Gratefully we are inching our way towards the end of our intern year. Pretty unbelievable. Is so appreciate all of you, your humorous outlooks on life. When I started service last week, the med student Akiko kept repeating how funny everyone was in our residency. You guys really are hilarious. That board is too good.
1 comment:
Awwww Kat! I'm so sorry you don't feel well. But I don't blame you for not going in and actually taking care of yourself for once. I'm at the same point you are- screw everyone who is pushing us so hard and making us so worn down. It's ridiculous to live this way and I wish it could be changed...but I know it never will be. It's just lame how much crap you have to put yourself through to become a doctor. I'm starting to feel like it's not worth it for a stupid career. Take tomorrow off and don't feel bad. I'm sure we'll be helping our interns out next year by covering them...there's no way NOT to get sick when you are this exhausted all the time.
Let us know if you need anything!
Post a Comment