Inpatient Peds=HELL!
Wow. Seriously? First peds call...19 freakin admissions. Was on with S.W., 3rd year, who said it was his worst call of residency...SHOCKER! This is the biggest waste of time month EVER. Not a single thing is going to be of any benefit...from the Kabuki syndrome to the pulmonary hemosiderosis to the Goldenhar to the aspartoacylase deficiency...it's such crap that the RRC still requires this rotation. The kicker that really ticked me off and had me seriously yelling and threatening my senior this morning was this stupid PICU transfer I did last night at around 11:30. Kid came down to the floor after 5 weeks in PICU for a brain tumor resection with complications. I spend an hour and a half trying to read neurosurg/neurology notes (they write with 3 year old handwriting and use abbreviations every other word that I've never heard of). I go to round on the kid this morning at 6am and find out neurosurg D/C'd the kid home. When I ask my senior why they didn't just D/C from PICU last night, she informs me it happens all the time so the lazy son of a gun residents in PICU can get somebody else's writing on the chart before the kid goes home and yours truly therefore has to do the dictation/ D/C summary. My senior tells me it sucks but that's how it is and I need to do it. I told her to kiss my butt, and that St Joes could kiss my butt (I was really tired and wasn't responsible for the things coming out of my mouth). I told her the chart could sit in MR under my name and rot for all time and that I HOPED the hospital would find out and get so mad they'd never let me come back! My senior didn't like that but I hate this place. What a miserable work environment where you have the people in your own program backstabbing you and taking advantage every chance they get. No wonder they're all so unhappy. Once again, so glad I have you guys and that I didn't come to Joes for residency.
~Nicella "not so nice" Nedella
4 comments:
Is there something wrong with me that every time I read a vent session from Nicole, I ended up laughing for days? Have I lost all my compassion? No wait... Maybe its true compassion being able to laugh, not because I am as big a black cloud as Nicole,but because I have had all the same thoughts running around in my head...Maybe Marty can help us analyze that one.
Good for you Nicole. Though you know that chart is now rotting in the "Bat Cave" (chart room). I will probably see it when I rotate there in the NICU next year and head in there for my daily donut.
Who was the senior?
Who was the senior?
Post a Comment