Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Friday, March 7, 2008

Pancakes Anyone?

First of all Jon you can thank me for your heavenly bliss...I admitted every stinking RSV kid in town and saw every kind of scary genetic metabolic syndrome you can think of!! Carbamoyl Phosphate Synthetase Deficiency, Maple Syrup Urine Disease and Navajo Neuropathy in one night... (yeah I know, what the freak?!) THIS is why we need every available database the hospital can afford!
Poor Nicella!! I feel your OB pain. You know it is not a good thing when the RNs see you and say "Oh! It's YOU. We are gonna have a fun night!" So my first call to OBT is a G5P4 with mild contractions, hails from my hubby's homeland, No PNC, ok good...any medical problems? Something is wrong with my heart, I was supposed to have surgery but I didn't, I don't know .....uh Okaaay. A freight train makes less noise than her 4/6 harsh murmur with midsystolic click and palpable thrill....crap.
Cards is nice enough to stop by, we look up her admit in 2006, after her last drop in delivery... just a little 5 cm acending aortic aneurrysm, aortic stenosis and VSD!! Damn lucky she didn't die last time! GET THE FREAK OUT OF HERE!! Waved good bye to the nice people in the yellow jump suits.

OBT #2 that night, no real problems knew this would be in and out, but RN was giving me lazer eyes during the whole H/P cuz I butted in. (You want me here or not...) Then few hours later asks me to U/S her pt who is a complete IOL c BBOWand she can't feel a presenting part... Uh what?

You guessed it, breech. So I got to stick around for a stat cs with my favorite Dr. Air-e-anus.
GOOD GRIEF!!




No comments: