In Patient Weekend Call
Caveat: I'm not writing this to rub it in, but just to prime you for how nice weekend call may be for you at PBH.
I was on call for the first time this Friday night and Sunday for FMC inpatient. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but was prepared for lots of pages from nurses, lots of scut work, and not much sleep. Fortunately, none of that was the case. The night started off well at check-out when Beremy handed me the patient list of 4 patients (2 dental abscesses and 2 others ready to go home soon). Then Tod the master attending treats the entire team to take-out Chinese food which was delicious. After checking on a few labs, doing a few OB triage calls with Isa, watching the Dbacks, I got in bed around 12:30 pm and slept soundly with no interruptions until my alarm went off at 6 am to round on my two dental abscesses before check out to Beremy.
Coming on Sunday was even better: Beremy checked out to me with a list of 2 patients on the in-service. A nice breakfast, a few rounds, and an easy sickle cell FMC admit, lunch, more Dbacks, suture practice, and some charts in the clinic rounded out my Sunday call. To say the least, it was a very soothing weekend. I think the intern pager went off a total of 3 times the entire weekend of call for me....but I'm not complaining, and hope your weekend call at PBH will be just as nice, especially for all of you that are working your rears off on out rotations.
2 comments:
Sounds awesome to me. I certainly wouldn't expect the same at Joes, but I am happy to know that some of my calls at Baptist have the potential of including a decent amount of sleep!! Enjoy.
sounds like heaven...but I'm sure I'll be the "Lucky" one who gets 15 clinic patient admissions on the weekend, all the while delivering a bunch of drop in babies. I seriously have the worst luck!
Post a Comment