We May Not Be Oriental, but We're Definitely Certified!
So this week, we had a lot of orientations and a lot of certifications. On Wednesday and Thursday, we renewed our ACLS certification,
which probably shouldn't be called a renewal because I don't think I ever learned it in the first place! It was a good class, though, and our teacher was cool. The best thing I learned was to sing "Another One Bites the Dust" while doing chest compressions...I don't care if it's morbid, I'm doing it at my next code!
Here's some pics-
Amy, Kat, and Brent with their new friends:
This pic is just plain scary...floating torso guy is plotting my demise...so is Rebert:
Which dummy are we supposed to resuscitate?...
Practicing OPAs, intubation, and bagging (I think Jan needs the Heimlich...he appears to be choking!):
Pics of us doing our Megacodes...just the sound of the word "megacode" makes my brain instantly erase all useful information and logic and turn into a big lump of jello...I HATE doing these things...can hardly wait to be videotaped in the clinic!
On Friday and Saturday, we did our ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics) certification.

We ended up having to pretty much memorize this 20 ft thick course book in one night,
We ended up having to pretty much memorize this 20 ft thick course book in one night,
but man, it was a freakin' cool class and I'm so glad we did it. I can't believe how much they reviewed and taught us. I don't feel AS useless now (but give me time...there's still 30 days for all that good info to seep out of my brain). The three main things I learned from ALSO are:
1. Getting to hold a baby up in the uterus off of a prolapsed cord while being rushed into the OR sounds like pretty much the coolest thing ever!
2. Never pour out my soda into the garbage can, or I will suffer the wrath of Beremy Jingham.
3. All this time, poor Jon has thought that Ramen Noodles were created by this guy:

1. Getting to hold a baby up in the uterus off of a prolapsed cord while being rushed into the OR sounds like pretty much the coolest thing ever!
2. Never pour out my soda into the garbage can, or I will suffer the wrath of Beremy Jingham.
3. All this time, poor Jon has thought that Ramen Noodles were created by this guy:

Here's some more pics-
Rob, doing some sort of mind-meld with this baby...or maybe he's doing cranial on it...these babies definitely needed it after we got done delivering them!
Rob, doing some sort of mind-meld with this baby...or maybe he's doing cranial on it...these babies definitely needed it after we got done delivering them!

Pregnant or planning on being in the near future and looking for a doc? Well have I got the OB for you! And he's ALSO certified and excellent at his craft:
Kat, feeling this baby's sutures, and Jeremy, learning how to deliver a baby with shoulder dystocia:
Our first child...we decided to name her Jan...the little rebel already got her belly button pierced:

I definitely agree with Kat- we blew all of the other interns out of the water and I'm so glad we're in our program and not with those other tools...I mean people. We were all done and out of there before most of them had even finished the written test! And our study group thing beforehand rocked, especially with all of us talking over each other. You guys are the best!
1 comment:
"Hey everybody, there is Raymond noodles and candied nuts in this salad!" - Jon
Everybody loves Ramen.
I agree, it was a great class. We need to make sure and copy Dr. Azzolini's laminated cards.
Just remember the only rule is you can pour your liquid into a trash can only if there is a drain at the bottom of the can.
Post a Comment