River Trip 2007
So this has been our first week of actually playing doctor. We've all been rotating through different parts of our hospital, doing half days on wards (doing admissions), nursery/OB, home visits, community physician visits, short call, and 1/2 days in clinic. We all were feeling pretty overwhelmed and extremely lame by midweek, so our program director and psychologist took us all on a river trip! It was SO incredibly fun- mostly just because we got to watch Jeremy dive for river junk for almost 5 hours straight...that kid can swim/dive like the wind!
Here we are, making mistake #1- the tying of the tubes...
Jeremy was out of his tube and diving by about 5 minutes into the trip...the kid seriously came up with treasure almost every time he went down...ridiculous!
Here's Kat, trying to use her tube as a trampoline...
Here's Rob, after he drowned someone and stole their shoe...
Brent got sucked into Jeremy's favorite pastime real quick and was diving for crap the rest of the time...and I do mean crap...every time he brought something up it was covered in nasty fish-butt smelling sludge...
Jeremy, with one of his new prized possessions...classy butterfly sunglasses...that's hot...
Here's Kat at the bottom of the pic, being cradled by Brent and Jeremy's legs and tubes after she was thrown out of her tube in some rapids...a consequence of the tying of the tubes, a fork in the river, some really big rocks and rapids, and an indecisive program director...we were glad she didn't drown because we only "sort of" know CPR.
Here's Jeremy, diving again:
Here's another gem that Jeremy brought up from the bottom...a pot pipe...and Jon and Rob saluting his efforts:
Getting a drink half way down the river...it was a balmy 112 degrees out. I think Amy is actually drinking sunscreen in this picture...it's an off-label use:
Here's Marty, wishing he had stayed at clinic:
Here's Jeremy after a GREAT dive...he found this sweet hat...and then found the owner later on...no, no...not at the bottom of the river- he found the kid that lost it after we got back to the tube rental place!

Here's Amy wearing one of the most valuable finds of the day, a beautiful high quality bikini top...and some cool aviator sunglasses that Jon pulled up:

Here I am, storing away our loot in our pirate chest...and you thought Jeremy brought this ice chest for cold drinks...
Here I am, storing away our loot in our pirate chest...and you thought Jeremy brought this ice chest for cold drinks...
Here's a couple short videos from the day:
6 comments:
WOW--great pics Nicole!!! That sure was a great time with some great people--I'm still in awe at Jeremy's Treasure Radar.
Best blog posting ever. I agree with Jon that was an aweome time at the river and mad props to B and N for all the pictures and hilarious captions. "You have a gift my friend, don't hide it under a bushel basket" (-Jim Gaffigan on the guy who came up with the Hot Pocket jingle).
I seriously had a great time with everyone plus we scored some sweet booty (you know what I mean Rob, don't try to twist my words around like you did with the innocent teabag).
What are you talking about Jeremy! Rob would never take things down a notch...oh wait...I feel like fool!
I think Jeremy looked a little too happy in that picture of him with his pot pipe.
- Adam
Adam,
There may have been a little residue left in the bowl, dang it!, it was probably fish droppings. Now I feel like a fool!
Jeremy, don't let anyone give you crap about diving... you made the trip so much fun! I agree c Wendy you must have a junk detector in your butt the way you just jumped off your tube and surfaced with a find. I think you are the one with a gift my friend.
Post a Comment