Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Monday, July 16, 2007

Real work!!? I'm so confused!!

Take me to my happy place where we all sit around in our safe cocoon of orientation..... I had to actually try and remember medicine today and let me tell you...it was painful. CC. DDx. H &P. SOAP.... and the strange electronic device that I kept talking into gave me a headache. (Scotty never beamed me up..he's fired.)
Brent brought life into the world- yeah Brent! Your face was beaming! (or maybe that was a deer in the head lights look, I'm not sure.) Kat sat in a strangers house and asked "What's in the fridge" and she wasn't even looking for booze. Jeremy sat in a strangers house and tried to figure out which nic-nacs he could "find" to take home.
I hope everyone else is just as scared and clueless. Who are we kidding...doctors? yeah right!
Well here it comes, life as we know it is officially over. big deep sigh........

2 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Amy, you took the words right out of my mouth! I feel like I'm a 1st year med student all over again, only worse now because people actually expect competency. Life was so nice as a med student--no call, no proofreading of H & P's, no expectations, etc. "What do you think we should give this patient med student?" "Oh, I don't know," and that was completely acceptable. Now people actually want to know what we REALLY want to do, not just what WOULD you do.

Nicole said...

I hate my life...ahhhhhhh. Ok, I feel better now. This sucks! I've totally regressed back to before med school and officially know NOTHING! I freak out about presenting one patient! I can't even figure out how to turn the stupid dictaphone thingy on. I called myself a 4th year med student to my first patient. I think that TSH comes from the adrenal/ovary. And then this morning, I'm in with a patient by myself, delivering just the placenta, I see this HUGE vag lac, and all I can think to do is say "help" in a little voice. So much for baby ruths and flank steak!