Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pseudo-moonlighting

When a dollar isn't dollar. Remember back in the day (4 weeks ago ) when I flippantly said "I'm not leaving the house (moonlighting) for less than $50.00 an hour? Well apparently I will do it for less, a lot less. This morning I went to give physicals and was excited because it was my first quasi moonlighting sort of for 30 bucks an hour. There were five docs (4 from our program). We were pretty busy for the first 4 hours and then they said a couple of us could go home if we wanted to and proceeded to give everyone an envelope with $120.00 at that time. The rest of us were there for another 2 hours. I am all for doing physicals and have done dozens as a volunteer but all of these kids were paying so I thought we would be too. My seniors thought we would look like idiots (probably right) if we said hey we didn't get paid for two hours and where was lunch again? Not to sound mercenary (too late right) but I'm not sure I would have spent my day off after a long week if I knew they weren't going to be square with us. Anyway just a little venting. See you guys Monday

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I bet you "felt like a fool"! Seriously, though- that's just not right. Sorry you didn't get paid like you deserved. At least kids around the Valley are safer tonight thanks to Beremy Jingham!

Jeremy said...

I guess I have cooled off since I posted. Seriously though, ladies and gentleman of the jury.....

Amy said...

We the jury find the defendant.... well... not on the up and up let's say.