Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Saturday, June 26, 2010

We Did It!

To my dear friends~


So the day has finally come that we have all worked 11 years for!! Can you guys believe it?? It's bittersweet for me! I'm definitely NOT gonna miss 30 hour calls, 80 hour work weeks, getting woken up at 2 AM to that nasty OB pager sound ("duhhh na naaaah!") for some drop in patient high on meth that wants a free ultrasound...or having no control over my clinic schedule or my life in general. I am, however, going to miss some of the best friends I've ever had in my life. You don't go through something like the past 3 years without getting really attached to those you go through it with! I'll admit it- I'm crying a little bit right now, knowing that we have to all move on to real life, and do it without each other. I can't imagine going through the last 3 years without you guys. What a special class we have. Different in so many ways than every other class that's gone through Baptist. I mean, can you believe that we were friends through the whole thing, having each other's backs, being there through the toughest of times? And I really think we have made some awesome changes at Baptist, and been a good example (hopefully most of the time at least!) for the residents below us. It is so amazing to me to go back and read through this blog of ours, and see how much we've grown as individuals, and how much we've grown together as friends and colleagues. I'm blessed to have experienced all of this with such an amazing group of people. I really don't think I could've done it without you guys and I know we'll all always share a special bond, no matter how far apart we are. Just know that Brent and I will always be here, if you ever need anything. I hope we can all stay in touch...I know that time and space make that difficult, as we all go our separate ways, but we will always have this incredible time of growth in our lives in common, and nothing can change that.

Good luck to everyone...can't wait to see where everyone goes from this point forward, and hope that we can all continue to make a difference in this world, and in our future patient's lives. I hope that we don't get tired and run down and callused, as so many older docs do. I hope we all continue to remember why we went into this in the first place, and I hope we can all try to continue using this incredible gift of being physicians to help care for those in need. What a huge responsibility this career is, huh!

You will all always be a part of me and I consider you all to be my family- nothing can change that!

Love you guys tons!

Nicella

No comments: