Merry Christmas Friends!
This post is from an e-mail that Kat sent out:
Merry Christmas Friends,
I hope that this e-Christmas greeting finds each and every one of you enjoying yourselves this beautiful morning. It's a treat here in Arizona, its actually cloudy today, giving a feel of Christmas. I was gifted today with an easy call night at the County Hospital. I was bummed to be working on Christmas eve and into the Christmas morning, but there are blessings in everything. I spoke to several families last night about their loved ones states of health and how long they had to live. One family decided that today, Christmas, would be the perfect day to let their loved one go into the light. They made the courageous decision to end his suffering, and release him from his body. And in some ways that seems so morbid, to let someone die on Christmas, but in other ways it is quite beautiful. Keep him in your prayers. Today is a holy day. Families around the world are gathering together and giving thanks. I think that creates an amazing spiritual atmosphere. Maybe someday when I am old and grey, I too will get to die on Christmas, when the worlds hearts are open and looking for the joy in life.
Peace to you all,
Kathleen Shore, DO
No comments:
Post a Comment