Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Forget the meth!! NICU is a rush!!!

Let's go to a 38 week c/section, failure to progress, no big deal, something a silly little family medicine resident can handle.....10 heart stopping minutes later.....
Thick meconium, okay get the suction ready...Check
VACS, check
True knot, check
It's a BOY! check
Baby not breathing, heart rate dropping like a penny from the empire state building, no tone....Oh crap..Oh crap...NRP..NRP..NRP...
I suctioned and stimulated and finally intubated....sing like david lee roth.....I ain't got nooo- body, all alone....
I sweat off about 6L of fluid in 8min. By the time the attending got there baby was getting pink, heart rate up and starting to cry. It was magic. First time I can honestly say...I saved a life........I felt like a doctor today, it's something I will remember forever. He's beautiful.

1 comment:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Wow!! Nice work...not sure I couldn't come through in that stressful of a situation!! Congrats!