Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Beremy needs a little me time

So Brent texts me this afternoon and my spidy sense starts tingling and I instantly know he is not at work. Middle of the afternoon, must be nice. We had a busy service here at PBH. Plus the powers that be scheduled the senior for clinic this morning while I am scurrying around like Lob himself. (Dang it, flippin Valverde just blew a save to the Padres!). Then this afternoon I had clinic along with the second year (and Kat taking a break from peds) so the senior instead of getting our service's loose ends tied up ended up in L and D all afternoon. When we signed out they were like " what did the intern do all day". Well not really but that is what Beremy thought they were thinking. Seriously though on the first day of service when the patients are all new to us we all end up having clinic. Plus no one told me to hand over the pager before clinic to the senior so I end up getting paged all afternoon. All in all though it was good to get the day over with. No doc tomorrow so hopefully Rob will have some patients for me (try to get any pelvics done beforehand though).

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hope you're ok Beremy...you looked pretty stressed today and I hope the Big R isn't giving you too much trouble as an attending...I know how annoyingly annoying (seriously...he's THAT annoying!) he is on rounds, making them last 5 hours and all, all the while going on and on about the latest EBM and p values and confidence intervals and whatnot. I can't imagine all of that happening while being responsible for 11 patients, though, and having a pager going off every 2 seconds! Keep your chin up buddy! You can do it! Green team rocks!

Kat Shore said...

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to all be repeating the title of your blog over and over this year??