Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)

Family Practice Residency- Our journey together for 3 years (06/2007-06/2010)
First Day of Intern Year (2007)

2nd half of Intern year (2008)

1st half of 2nd Year (2008)

End of 2nd Year, June 2009

Beginning of 3rd Year, October 2009

Monday, July 30, 2007

Paralysed, paranoid, or scared out of my mind?

Oh let me count the ways that the fear is broiling up inside of me, as we prepare to step out of this nice little caccoon they made for us called "orientation", otherwise known as "The thousand ways that Baptist rocks". I mean really. The last time I stayed up for 36 hours, let alone worked all of those hours, was uhhhh I don't know, maybe never!! And my peds accumen, while astounding to a fourth grader, may not be so astounding to my senior residents, or better yet private attendings. I am sure that it will be even more polished while presenting to someone I don't know at 4 in the morning....oy vey. Anyone out there with me??
PS the best part of Baptist is of course the people-- meaning you guys. You all rock.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm all of the above! In fact, i'm so scared I can barely type this right now!

I think we should make bets on who's going to call who first crying...I think it could be a tie between me, Kat, Amy, and Jeremy...those of you on surgery/ER may save your crying for a later date when the rest of us are stable enough to be good shoulders to cry on!

Good luck everybody! I'm just going to put this out there so I don't have to type it tomorrow and the next day and the next, "I feel like a fool!".

Brent said...

Hey, everyone needs to remember to vent...I mean blog about their 1st day tomorrow. I'll page you at 4:30 when I get off. Oops, did I say that? Well, you guys can get back at me come November when I'm on OB. Good luck!